Friday, May 3, 2019

Fast Friday

Welcome to the weekend! It's fast Friday so here is a fast post.

Last Friday J had her race. Her school does a 1-mile fun run for the kids. They didn't do things quite the same this time. They didn't seem as put together or organized as in years past and it made me wonder if I should offer to take it over...but we will see if I have that kind of drive next year haha. She had a lot of fun though and all the runners got a bowl of ice cream after. (M and V spent the whole time wrestling each other).

The trees behind our house are in full bloom. These are one of my favorite things about the area we live in. The rest of the year these trees aren't all that special, but I love their blossoms in the spring! 

I love it when I catch one of the kids with my cowboy hat on.  I'm terribly allergic to horses so I've never actually had one, and I am not actually a cowgirl, but I've always loved the idea of that kind of living.  And it's super cute now to see the kids wear my hat. 

We got our new car a couple of weeks ago and have had to wash it twice already thanks to this bird that keeps targeting it.  I'm not sure why he chooses my car since we have 10 cars in our parking lot, but I'm hoping that our neighbor's cats will get him or scare him off. 

We had to take the car in to get the sway bars fixed.  V loves this riding horse that they have and I'm sure that when we come in, the workers get super tired of hearing the song over and over. 

I don't have any picture for this, but when things like this happened, my grandma would always say that it would make a good journal entry so I'm going to share it anyway :).  While our car was getting fixed the mechanic gave us a loaner to use and V and I went to Costco and to pick M up from school.  While I was waiting for M, Trevon called after getting his procedure done and said he didn't think he was going to be able to go back to work and would maybe need me to come to get him because he was having a hard time getting in the truck with his knee hurting and on crutches. So I called my mom to see if she could drive up with me and drive his truck home or something. Meanwhile, the kids got out and M didn't know what car I'd be in so I got out of the car to get her and the doors all locked. With V in the car, and the engine running. So I hung up with my mom, called Trevon back and told him it might be a while because I just locked the loaner keys inside the car. He called the non-emergency number for police who came to help us unlock the car and by the time that was done, Trevon called and said he was able to get into the truck and drive home.  So we all met back at home. Trevon worked from home for the rest of the day. It was one of those experiences that you just can't help but laugh at. 

V has also been quite the handful lately, and with Trevon back on crutches (he had his second procedure on Wednesday) I'm just praying I can keep up.  He decided to wash his own hair with hand soap right before dinner on Wednesday.

Wednesday night I realized that Aaptiv got rid of my 10 and half-marathon training :( I hope they come back with more! So I improvised and found a treadmill workout that focused on endurance to use instead. 30-minute progression run Thursday morning for 3.2 miles.  It was tough but good. Now to revise my training schedule so that I don't get lazy later on.  

If you want to see my other training updates from this week, there is one HERE and HERE

Did you have any frustrating/funny experiences this week?

What is your favorite distance to train for?

No comments:

Post a Comment