It's that time of year that we are all thinking of fun gift ideas to give those we love. I'm sure for many of us that means gifts for runners. It can be tricky to find the perfect gift for runners but I'm helping you out today by sharing 15 things that are on every runner's wishlist (including affiliate links).
- The obvious gift would be shoes. Sneak into your runner's closet and find out what kind of shoe they like. Take a picture if you can't tell what it is, the nice helpers at the running store near you will know. Don't forget to check the size!!
- Socks are another one of my favorite running gifts. I love THESE bamboo socks because they are super comfortable and breathable. They are also sweat wicking.
- As a runner, I'm always looking for new running clothes. This is something that I never really want to spend money on myself but I love when I get a new running tank top or shorts! Right now longer pants and long sleeves are better weather wise, but come spring I'm going to be wanting a nice, lightweight tank top to help me stay cool through the summer running months.
- If you don't trust yourself picking out running clothes, get them a gift certificate to a running store! Lulu lemon, Fabletics, even Old Navy are great options for running gear.
- A nice new water bottle to help them stay hydrated is always a great idea. This is my favorite water bottle to have around the house (or to take with me in the car).
- A lot of runners carry things with them while they are running. But it can be really annoying to carry things in your hands while you run, some shorts have pockets but a lot of them are inconvenient to get to, and some belts move and rub when you step. Getting them this RooSport might be a huge game changer for them. It might be the best gift they could get this year! I love mine and I love that I can use mine for more than just running. When I wear leggings that don't have pockets, I use my Roosport as a pocket to put my phone in.
- Is your runner a half or a full marathoner? If so, find out what their favorite energy gel (or other kinds of running fuel) is and buy them a pack. I've used a few different kinds of fuel and have liked Honey Stinger waffles and chews the most. Most of the time runners don't worry about gels unless they are running longer races, there's no reason to use these things if they are a 5k runner.
- One thing that most people don't think of getting a runner is a race entry. Find out what kind of race they prefer to run (make sure they don't already have an entry into the race of your choice) and pay for a bib for them. Just know that races can get pricey depending on what the race is for, where it's at, and how long it is.
- If your runner is someone who likes to run with music, you could always gift them some music with an iTunes or Amazon gift card. I'm always on the lookout for new running music.
- To go along with their music, a new pair of running headphones are always nice. I love Bluetooth headphones because I don't have to battle a cord when my arms start swinging. Make sure to get a set that is compatible with their phone.
- Foam rollers are great gifts because they start to wear out after lots of use. And runners like to use foam rollers a lot to make sure their muscles won't be tight and sore for their runs and their races. The Tiger Tail is my favorite foam roller!
- Help keep your runner safe by giving them some safety tools. Pepper spray, a tactical pen, even a run angel help them stay safe from dangerous people, but running with reflective gear or lights in the evening help cars see them!
- I've never used this product personally, but a lot of runners like to run with Garmin watches. I don't use one because I don't have one. But if I did, I would definitely use it.
- Compression gear is used a lot to help speed up recovery from hard runs, help you run without pain from any kind of tender muscles, and they also keep your legs a little warmer in the cooler months. They come in so many colors and varieties! I use compression sleeves but people love compression socks too.
- A lot of runners like to follow training plans, especially if they are working towards a goal race. A subscription to running apps, like Aaptiv is a great gift to give them because it comes with so many different training programs, including race programs from 5k-marathon.
Do you have runners to buy Christmas gifts for?
Are you a runner who hopes to get something for running for Christmas?